This post may contain affiliate links.
Clean Summer Skincare Routine
I just stocked up on my summer skincare and I thought I would share an updated beauty round-up! My skin gets crazy dry, especially when I spend time in the sun. I am constantly using sunscreen and using foundation/creams that have SPF in them. Living here in the Northeast, there is so much humidity and it really takes a toll on my skin. Making sure I am moisturizing and applying SPF/sunscreen every day is vitally important.
Shop my favorites below and a few tips on my clean suncare, skincare + beauty routine.
So I have different preferences for sunscreen depending on exactly what I am doing that given day. Regardless I am SUPER careful about the sun because despite being Italian I actually have pretty sun-sensitive skin and am covered in freckles, especially on my chest and nose!
SUMMER SUNCARE NOTES
I have a few preferences for my sunscreen, it depends on what exactly I’m doing every day. Even though I’m Italian, I have sun-sensitive skin and LOTS of freckles. I do everything I can to protect my skin – AND I’m conscious of using CLEAN ingredients – the brand I trust for this is Supergoop and has been for years!
- FOR THE BEACH + POOL: I am a HUGE Supergoop fan, I’m sure that comes as no surprise to most of you. My skin always feels ultra moisturized after using their products and I never doubt that I’ll be protected especially when I apply this nourishing oil-based sunscreen at the beach. And bonus, even with it being 50SPF, it never fails, I always get the BEST tan. But don’t take my word for it, try it out for yourself!!
- FOR EVERYDAY: When I’m outside gardening or working, I always opt for this mineral sunscreen. It lasts all day and my skin feels so nourished at the end of the day! No dry skin and no white residue? Sign me up. I also love their everyday body lotion with 20SPF – it’s not sticky at all, just hydrating and perfect for daily moisturizing!
- FOR THE FACE: I have been loving Glow Screen by Supergoop these past few months! It’s moisturizing, priming and give just the slightest tint and glow. Sometime I even just wear it alone with no make up on top! Also love their face mist, setting powder, eye cream and Unseen Sunscreen primer – they all have sunscreen and work really well!
- FOR LITTLES: This Supergoop line for kids works perfectly for Luca. He has fairly sensitive skin as well but this stuff WORKS and protects for hours even while swimming and running around. I love the clean ingredients, it makes me feel better about what Luca’s skin is absorbing during the summer!
SUMMER SKINCARE ROUTINE NOTES
- CLEANSE: To start I splash water on my face and pat dry with a clean towel, I find this is enough for my sensitive skin most days but a few times a week I cleanse with my Bloom cleanser by Young Living. It’s super gentle on my sensitive skin and all the ingredients are clean! Or sometimes I use this gentle oil-based cleanser by Biossance.
- EXFOLIATE: Once a week use my tinkle razor to dermaplane. This has honestly been a game changer for me – removing the dead skin and tiny hairs allows my skin to really soak up and reap the benefits of the products I use! And I’ve also been loving the Mint Satin Facial Scrub by Young Living – super gentle but cleansing and fresh! Also gives a really nice cooling sensation because of the mint!
- SERUMS: After cleansing and tinkle-ing (lol) I apply my Drunk Elephant serums (this and this) for a boost of essential vitamins straight to my skin. Vitamins B + C are so beneficial for your skin so I never skip this step and combining the two is great because the compliment each other and it’s faster for me!
- EYES: Next I use this eye cream, it’s the most hydrating I’ve ever used and it’s integral to my routine, especially if applying under eye concealer!
- MOISTURIZE & GLOW: My skincare secret weapon is the next step – this glow serum! I make it myself and it’s not only the best and most customized for my skin, I save a bunch of money as well! Read more about it here. And I love setting it in with my jade roller too, which also helps with lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness!
- PRIME & PROTECT: Next I use my all in one primer + sunscreen. This is my FAVORITE, it works seamlessly as a primer and doubles as a sun protectant. The 40SPF is perfect for these sunny summer days! Lastly I go in with my TULA Rose Glow Cooling & Brightening Balm under my eyes. It’s SO hydrating and glowy and I LOVE it as a pre-concealer primer or most days I even just leave my face as is – it’s that good!
- LIPS: Can’t forget the lips, I finish up with someYoung Living Lavender lip balm, it is the BEST!
I do my best to use all-natural and clean ingredients, never any harmful toxins going on this skin. Brands I personally love for clean skincare and beauty are Biossance, Farmacy, Drunk Elephant, Supergoop and Young Living!
NIGHTTIME SKINCARE NOTES
For nighttime I keep it SUPER simple! I use this cleansing balm to remove any make up and residue and then I apply a simple combo of 3 drops Drunk Elephant Marula Oil -or- 3 drops of Biossance Squalane & Vitamin C Rose Oil and I combine either with one drop of high quality, pure lavender essential oil. Lavender has been one the the best things I’ve ever used on my skin, it’s great for reducing redness, fighting acne and smoothing texture, read more here!
Don’t forget though, quality counts BIG when it comes to essential oils! It’s very easy for brands (especially inexpensive ones from third party sellers) to alter and add cheap ingredients to the bottles – there is very little government regulation in the beauty and wellness sector.
So when it comes to my skin I don’t mess around, I want THE highest quality, clean products on my body and I don’t compromise. That’s why I use Young Living for my oils and much of my home/personal care products! Read more on my story here, or click here to learn more about becoming a member!
Below you can shop all the suncare and skincare products and brands I mentioned plus some of my go-to make-up and haircare/body picks for summer!
SUNSCREEN + SUNCARE
HAIR + BODY
My go-to clean haircare brand is Briogeo! I also use their deodorant which is bomb, and for daily body lotion I do Biossance, Supergoop or Drunk Elephant!
I’ve been LOV-ING the clean make-up brand ILIA!