This post may contain affiliate links.
Anti-Aging DIY Face Serum
You all know I’m a major skincare junkie and LOVE my Drunk Elephant skin products. I am incredibly picky and detailed with what products I’m using and knowing what ingredients are soaking into my skin. That being said, you don’t need to spend a fortune on every skin care product – what if I told you that you can make your own anti-aging DIY facial serum?
I’m sharing a detailed look into my homemade face serum that I use every evening! It’s simple, great for your skin, and you don’t have to worry about putting any unnecessary chemicals on your skin. Plus, I’ll be sharing details on every ingredient in this serum!
WHAT’S IN MY SERUM?
- Jojoba Oil: This oil works great on your skin because it’s very similar to what your body already produces naturally. Your skin is smoothed, moisturized, and kept from looking oily and clogged! Plus it’s naturally antibacterial and is packed with antioxidants and vitamins like E and B which are great for your skin!
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Rosehip contains Vitamin A, this helps in evening out your skin tone and promoting cell regeneration (aka, radiant and brighter skin). It also contains essential fatty acids (also helps with cell regeneration), thus reducing the appearance of scars.
- Vitamin E:This vitamin is great for combating the effects of UV damage to your skin + overall skin health! It also acts as an antioxidant.
- Frankincense*: The perfect oil for your skin, this helps protect your skin cells, reduce acne blemishes, the appearance of large pores, and prevent wrinkles. It even helps light and tighten skin to naturally slow signs of aging! It’s also a natural toner, decreasing the appearance of pores and evening skin tone.
- Myrrh*: Myrrh is full of antioxidants, making it protective against aging skin. This lightweight oil absorbs into the skin almost instantly leaving you with smooth, moisturized skin.
- Patchouli*: This oil promotes smooth, glowing complexion and leaves a sweet scent behind. It’s also great for anti-aging and promotes new cell growth.
- Lavender*: Who doesn’t love lavender? It works for all skin types and helps lighten the appearance of age spots and scars, as well as unclogging pores and reducing inflammation.
*My essential oils al come from Young Living (read more here on my story and how to join my team!!) which is the highest quality oils I have yet to come across, high quality oils are super important. Wherever you buy your oils from just make sure it’s a trusted source and they don’t water down their ingredients!
- 2 tbsp jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp rose hip seed oil
- 1/4 tsp vitamin e oil
- 5 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops Myrrh essential oil
- 5 drops Patchouli essential oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- one dark 2 ounce glass dropper bottle
- Place jojoba, rose hip seed oil, and vitamin E into glass dropper bottle. Add essential oils, close top, and gently roll bottle to mix.
- Use 1/4 – 1/2 dropper full of serum nightly on clean face and neck to preserve, smooth, and protect your skin.
- NOTE: You want to make sure to dilute the essential oils in this face serum to less than 1% dilution. They are very potent and make sure to spot test on your skin prior to using this on your face!
Click here for more info on my favorite essential oils and click here for my Amazon storefront where all my favorite oily supplies are linked!
Leave a Reply