This post may contain affiliate links.
GOOEY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Looking for the gooiest chocolate chip cookies EVER? You’ve found the right place. These cookies are BIG, soft, gooey, and absolutely delightful.
I am a chewy/gooey cookie person through and through. Give me all the soft, gooey cookies FOR LIFE, hands down. If you’re like me you will love this recipe, it produces the yummiest, softest chocolate chip cookies ever. And scroll down for a great tip on how to store them for long-lasting gooeyness!
Luca was my sous chef today baking these cookies with the help of his little toddler tower stool (we LOVE this thing!), although I think he covered himself with more flour than made it into the cookies😂 But that’s ok because we did it and they tasted AMAZING, so here’s the recipe for you!
Linking a few sources from my 2/2/20 IGTV post here!
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, barely melted but not too hot
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Coarse sea salt
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and the salt: Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, sugars, vanilla extract and the vinegar until smooth. Beat in the egg just until combined.
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture just until combined. Stir in the chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop (about 2 rounded tablespoons) drop about 3 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, they will look light brown around the edges and will look underdone in the center. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle each cookie with a little sea salt. Allow to sit on the sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a rack to cool.
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
A great tip I learned from my mom is to store cookies in an airtight container… with one slice of white bread. Mind blown! So simple and works every time. The cookies utilize the moisture in the bread which helps prevent them from drying out. Guaranteed you will love the results!
HOW TO FREEZE COOKIE DOUGH
You can absolutely freeze this cookie dough and I actually recommend it, here’s ho to do it!
- Make the cookie dough as instructed above.
- Scoop (I love this OXO cookie scoop) and place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Just make sure the sheet will fit in your freezer.
- Freeze the balls until solid. Usually, 1-2 hours will suffice.
- Remove the cookie balls into a large ziplock bag and label with the date (and baking instructions if needed).
- Freeze up to 6 weeks.
- Bake frozen or thaw the dough to room temperature. If baking frozen add 1-3 minutes to the cook time but be very careful not to over cook!
I am by no means a professional baker but these cookies are seriously YUMMY. I think you’ll agree that these truly are the BEST chocolate chip cookies!
Remember, as my instructions note above you don’t want to over bake these cookies. They will look a little underdone in the center but they will continue to cook once you take them out of the oven. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet at least an additional 10 minutes.
I hope you enjoy, leave me a comment if you try the recipe!
Leave a Reply